Belize // Belize City //

Albert and Regent streets

Share

South of the Swing Bridge, Albert Street is Belize City’s main commercial thoroughfare, lined with banks and souvenir shops. On the parallel Regent Street are several former colonial administration and court buildings, collectively known as the Court House. Completed in 1926, these well-preserved examples of colonial architecture, with columns and fine wrought iron, overlook Battlefield Park (named to commemorate the noisy political meetings that took place here before independence), really just a patch of grass and trees with a dry ornamental fountain in the centre.

Read More