CLOSED - WIN an incredible bundle of travel prizes

This competition is now closed.

It’s almost Christmas, and no doubt we’re all going to spend it consuming outrageous amounts of roasted carbs and ropey mulled wine, while simultaneously trying not to upset our relatives…

But you have to admit, if you had the chance, you’d love to spend it somewhere else, no? Perhaps on the beach in Australia, or even in Lapland with the reindeer themselves…

For your chance to win our amazing bundle of top travellers Christmas gifts – including the SteriPEN Ultra, a Gorillapod and a beautiful Ethnotek bag – answer us this:

Where would you rather be this Christmas?

For more information on the prizes, see here: http://bit.ly/I35be5
Competition closes 23:59 on December 22nd 2013 GMT. For full terms & conditions, see here: http://bit.ly/17TqBR8

Lottie Gross 22/11/13    General travel chat Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

264 Replies Date Popularity

whit my volunteer parents in cape town!, ik had a amazing time there when i did volunteerwork.
There accept me a there own family! so lovely, i wish i could be there to celebrate christmas!

loessie 22/11/13    Link Report

• I think the place where to be at christmas is not so much important than the people to spent the time with. I will be at home (in the middle of Germany) with my family this christmas.

Basti An 22/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to spend my Christmas in Nepal, trekking in the Annapurna region, taking in the beauty of the Himalaya’s.

GuusjeJaspers 22/11/13    Link Report

• home with my family. Already living abroad for school. It is important to be home with family for the holidays, when i rarely get to see them.

Jeffrey Arthur 22/11/13    Link Report

• Would love to be in Melbourne with my friends! They’re there and I’m stuck in the UK till Feb. :( Christmas day barbecue baby!

Michael Huxley 22/11/13    Link Report

• In beautiful Magenta, Italy!

Mariano Medda 22/11/13    Link Report

• Onboard Vietnam’s Reunification express train

silvia 22/11/13    Link Report

• on transsiberian train !

smarta 22/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to be volunteering with my fiancé in the Phillipines, where his Air Force unit is currently aiding the relief effort. I am currently in Peru volunteering with a pre school and would love to leave here for the Phillipines to help clear roadways, transport survivors, and distribute needed supplies. If I could take what I have learned working with the children here in Peru to bring a much needed smile to a survivor of the typhoon, my Hannakuh would be the most memorable yet.

DaniJenn 22/11/13    Link Report

• There’s no place like home for Christmas… Planning where to go and what to do in 2014 with a great new bundle of kit would make it even better!

Andie Coupland 22/11/13    Link Report

• For Christmas this year, I’d love to be enjoying the beautiful Islands of southern Thailand with my new wife. I proposed there two years ago, luckily she said yes. It would be great to go back to explore more and make new happy memories.

Jacob 22/11/13    Link Report

• In Bialowieza, Poland to celebrate the holidays with my friends which I got to know during an amazing internship. I went back there for my bachelor thesis but now it’s been over 2 years since I was able to visit again. And while being there, maybe I can help out with some fieldwork :)

Renate84 22/11/13    Link Report

• Somewhere warm and cosy (indoors!…) with my loved ones. Any country will do!…

Maura Ryan 22/11/13    Link Report

• I will be exactly where I want to be – with my partner in Spain for four glorious weeks of walking in the sierra outside Gandia and walks on the beach in Miramar, Oliva and Javea with lots of excellent food and drink – bliss!

Peggysboy 22/11/13    Link Report

• I would like to be with my grand daughter in Dunbeg, by Oban, Scotland. She brings amazing happiness to my life.

jwhausrath 22/11/13    Link Report

• Friends, family and the loved ones anywhere in the world!

Ramses DAIBOUN SAHEL 22/11/13    Link Report

• Somewhere warm and cosy (indoors) with my loved ones. Any country would do!…

Maura Ryan 22/11/13    Link Report

• Planning my next trip with friends by an open fire with mulled wine in a glass and a mince pie heating in the oven.

onelifeliveit 22/11/13    Link Report

• Rovaniemi Finland, official home of Santa. I lived there a few years back in winter, even helped design/build some snowhotel suites as part of my studies, but never got to have a white Christmas there.

Luke Rodwell 22/11/13    Link Report

• Where would I rather be this Christmas?

Sat looking out across the Grand Canyon. A mini Christmas tree and snow globe by my side. Gently sipping on a refreshing glass of chilled wine, nibbling on a turkey and stuffing sandwich. Along with a sneaky piece of mistletoe hidden in my rucksack just in case ;) BLISS!!!

Chuckdee 22/11/13    Link Report

Lying on the beach in Castaway Resort (Qalito) in Fiji lovely people and memories

bigman13 27/11/13    Link Report

in austrailia to enjoy the hot weather

amberpearl 30/11/13    Link Report

On a Caribbean island beach where I can forget something called winter.

JOHN Hansen 01/12/13    Link Report

Barbados! we only arrived home from there 2 weeks ago. The hotel, staff, locals, beach were awesome I want to be back there now

Julie Clark 07/12/13    Link Report

Hi all – Please ensure you enter the competition by submitting your answer through the “Your Answer” text box at the bottom of the page – comments on other answers will not be included in the prize draw.

Many thanks!
    Lottie

Lottie Gross 16/12/13    Link Report

Whistler. Without proper snow and a place covered in decorations and not the token offerings most places have in the U.K. it just doesn’t feel like Christmas at the moment. Would much rather be there than stuck in Birmingham.

Rjdjones 17/12/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be in the Southern Hemisphere – a warm Christmas by the sea in Miramar, Argentina along with my family and eating a great asado to celebrate. What else can you ask for?

tommygf 22/11/13    Link Report

• Right here at home with my wonderful husband.

aprilrosie 22/11/13    Link Report

• In Brazil in a fisherman village called Jericoaquara, eating fresh fish and having a nice cold Brazilian beer!

Brazuka 22/11/13    Link Report

• In North Greenland, in Thule, the last frontier, with Inuit people, leading a dog Greenlandic sledge..in the polar night

mariela 22/11/13    Link Report

• If my house sale goes through in the next few weeks I hope to be starting a year of backpacking across South America. Fingers crossed i’ll be in Buenos Aires for new years!

Mat Porter 22/11/13    Link Report

• If my house sale goes through in the next few weeks I hope to be starting a year of backpacking across South America. Fingers crossed i’ll be in Buenos Aires for new years!

Mat Porter 22/11/13    Link Report

• At the beginning of this year I went ot Myanmar with Explore. When I returned I sponsored a child in one of the villages. I would like to go back to Myanmar possibly to do work in a school or help out at some other project.

Dancing Daisy 22/11/13    Link Report

• Five years ago, I would have probably said anywhere in the world but my hometown. But today, I would say somewhere in a cabin in the woods with my family and friends, probably telling some anecdotes or adventures about my most recent endeavours. Between living far away and travelling as much as I can, Christmas might be the only time of the year that reminds me that they have always been there for me, and always will.

biggoalies 22/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to be at the Taj Mahal with my boyfriend but my bag, which contained my passport, was stolen in Muscat last week. Fingers crossed my dream still comes true :D

Fi Clenny 22/11/13    Link Report

• on a beach somewhere warm

Elaine Hollis 22/11/13    Link Report

• I’m going to be spending this Christmas trekking in Nepal. I’m very excited about that but will also be missing my family.

Aturv 22/11/13    Link Report

• In Schliersee with my friends and their family. My boyfriend has never seen snow, so a white christmas will be the best present in the world, especially considering we love cold weather!!!

Ilse 22/11/13    Link Report

• Considering the UK is at its most beautiful this time of year, it would have to be Cumbria on top a fell taking in the winter vistas and sipping bovril. Maybe a trek to Ghyllas to see some awesome Alpacas and slap up feast in a pub nearby. Pure bliss!

ByronFitz 22/11/13    Link Report

• Considering the UK is at its most beautiful at this time of the year, it has to be in Cumbria enjoying the amazing vistas! Cup of hot bovril atop of fell, maybe a very cold jump in a lake and some Alpacas in Ghyllas – pure bliss! :)

ByronFitz 22/11/13    Link Report

• I’d love to be in Havana!

Kristin Jones 22/11/13    Link Report

• Patagonia! Hiking, hiking, hiking!!

vikhill 22/11/13    Link Report

• Hello,

At the in-laws in Normandy : cheese and wine !!
    Merry Christmas

Marie Claire 22/11/13    Link Report

• Anywhere they serve cold Beer and the weather is warm!

Richard Bayliss 22/11/13    Link Report

• Would prefer to spend this holiday season taking my children on a volunteer vacation. Helping other children, saving animals, and experiencing other cultures is better than ANY education they receive sitting in a classroom.

monika 22/11/13    Link Report

• I will be.

in Oldenburg, Northern Germany in the cold.

I am 22 years old. I have spent my past Christmasses on board a vessel in the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean.

This year does not matter where. but with whom.

Then, realizing how beautiful once own place is and that actually some others wish to be right where I will be for this Christmas.

I want to be where I will be.

P.S.:

My Santa letter included one big wish:

STERIPEN

rudelrudelapfelstrudel 22/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to spend Christmas at Everest Base Camp with my beautiful wife…where ever we are together she makes my world the happiest place ever!

monkeyslick 22/11/13    Link Report

• This Christmas I’d rather be camping out under the stars in either Vanuatu with my best mate or backpacking around Argentina with my little sister than sat round the fire dreaming I was there!

nennytina 22/11/13    Link Report

• I’d like to be in Rovaniemi to visit Santa Claus, see the Northern Lights and to have a white christmas!

EllenK 22/11/13    Link Report

• Ah… there are so many good answers, like a trip to Antarctica the only continent I have not visited, in Lhasa Nepal, in Bavaria or Bohemia for classic a Christmas, in New York. But my favorite answer and what I’m doing is Christmas with the family then the next day flying off to India for a 3 week tour.

slsilves 22/11/13    Link Report

• This Christmas I’d rather be taking my niece and nephew on an adventure in a foreign country or staying in the mountains of Lake Tahoe and exploring all that there somewhere besides NJ.

Megan 22/11/13    Link Report

• In this day and age of me, me , me I would want to find a way to give back. I would like to spend my Christmas volunteering in an area of need. It can be domestically or international, wherever I find a need and can fill with my specialty.

So many in need when I have a good life.

Share the love!

Ross 22/11/13    Link Report

• Punta Gallinas, Colombia!

Randichka 22/11/13    Link Report

• Punta Gallinas, Colombia

Randichka 22/11/13    Link Report

• Chilling with Father Christmas in Lapland in front of a toasty fire, knocking back a few beers with the big man and hearing his stories after what must have been a long and inspiring journey across the globe. ;)

Jack Hall 22/11/13    Link Report

• I would be visiting Delhi! It has been at the top of my travel list for over a decade and I still haven’t made it.

Thalia291 22/11/13    Link Report

• In Lithuania! Im engaged to an amazing loving man, and would love to visit the sites of his heritage. I would love to spend the Christmas season seeing the sites of this beautiful Baltic country.

smithk315 22/11/13    Link Report

• To Lithuania! I am engaged to an amazing loving man, I dream of being able to take him to see the sites of his heritage. I cant think of a better way to spend the holidays then by taking my love to see his homeland and beautiful Baltic country.

smithk315 22/11/13    Link Report

• Up here in Edinburgh, Scotland, the best Xmas experience ever!

Anurag 22/11/13    Link Report

• In a log cabin somewhere snowy with my beloved husband

murgartroyd 22/11/13    Link Report

• Taking a bath in Taiwan’s hot springs with a cold beer in my hand! The most tranquil and remote place as far away from the hustle and bustle of New York City as I can get!

Katie Simpson 22/11/13    Link Report

• Bringing some joy and help to people in the Philippines with my soulmate Roger.

Catherine Murphy 22/11/13    Link Report

• Walking on the moon would be fun with my kids – all moonwalkers look like they got good xmas presents

GT12 22/11/13    Link Report

• I can’t think of anything better than being reunited with travel friends on the Carribbean side of Venezuela, rum and coke in one hand tucking into the delicious fresh seafood, and partaking in the tradition of painting the houses bright colours. Everyone knows the south Americans know how to celebrate anything in a flamboyant way, I’d love to see how they do it properly!

niknak1 22/11/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be in the countryside anywhere in Switzerland. To me its the most breathtakingly beautiful peaceful and serene place I’ve ever visited. The people are welcoming and friendly and the scenery is absolutely pristine! I can only imagine the spirit of the season in that kind of environment. For these reasons, I’d love to visit there with my family.

Amy Gordon 22/11/13    Link Report

• Anywhere on my list! Myanmar, Rwanda, Botswana and Argentina top the list.

erinlovesgiraffes 23/11/13    Link Report

• In this Christmas,

Want to explore some island where i can spend days in nature without any artificial things around. Where i can buy some peace there.

justpratik 23/11/13    Link Report

• Mountain oases of Central Kazakhstan cannot be called usual places to spend Christmas or a New Years Eve. Inspite of great nature and interesting history, there is not too much tourists even in summertime. Whereas In winter It is usually hard to reach those place because of snow-wreaths on the roads. But I should rather spend my Christmas holidays in one of the oases, named Kyzylarai, in the village of Shabanbai Bi. Rocky mountains and pines, covered with snow, delicious local food and hospitality of people, who haven’t used to mass tourism yet. Horses and sledges, snowballs, icy air. And deep starry sky at night.

Vitaliy Shuptar 23/11/13    Link Report

• I’d love to have a switch-up with a summer Christmas in Australia, provided my family was there too. My Aussie mates are always saying they get better sunsets than us, so what better way to end Christmas day? As an added bonus I’d then head off down to Melbourne for the boxing day Ashes test!

Ollie Kemp 23/11/13    Link Report

• I would rather be some place where all my family could be together in one place, unfortunately that is almost impossible with my family spread around the world, so I couldn’t be more excited to spend Christmas in Manila to see my grandmother and other relatives who I haven’t seen for years!

hanajuliann 23/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to bring my family to a little village in the Alps filled with Christmas lights.

mapeleif 23/11/13    Link Report

• I am gonna be in Puno (Peru) for Christmas because I work as a tour leader, not the nicest place in the world. I would much rather be at home with my family and friends, enjoy typical Swiss food and look at snow flakes falling outside the window.

doedae 23/11/13    Link Report

• Bicycle touring in Tasmania would be the perfect way to celebrate this Christmas!

Anindya Chatterjee 23/11/13    Link Report

• Are we going for tears or laughs?!

Honestly, we just want to not be working and instead, spending time seeing something new.

Canoing slowly down the Wye. Walking through the Forest of Dean. The place to ourselves!

Raquel P. 23/11/13    Link Report

• Argentina. Definitely Argentina. Summer weather, delicious food and wine, so many places to explore. Start in the capital and then head to falls, the pampas, Mendoza, Patagonia. Easily could kill 2 months down there.

omars 23/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to be trekking around the cloud forests and volcanoes in Costa Rica. Experiencing a different culture, trekking through areas with a bunch of animals I have never seen, and also in the wild!

loafy 24/11/13    Link Report

• I would rather be in Nepal following the constitutional process up close. Plus no Xmas craziness beating me over the head.

revjay69 24/11/13    Link Report

• I am currently defrosting in my kitchen in Montreal. The temperature is -5 and quickly dropping…

I would give anything to spend my time reading on the beach this holiday, preferably Cabo Polonio in Uruguay, where you have to hitch a ride on a 4×4 to arrive and stay in a cabana with little electricity or running water. I want to swim in the ocean and let the sun dry me out. I want to be in a town with a population of less than 100 (unless you count the seals), where you look to the moon to light your path at night, and your only concern is making sure the beer stays cold.

Kat 24/11/13    Link Report

• Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away.
    This year, to save me from tears, I’ll give it to someone special.

donteatme49 24/11/13    Link Report

• Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away.
    This year, to save me from tears, I’ll give it to someone special…

donteatme49 24/11/13    Link Report

• Hammock. Beach. Zanzibar. Need I say more?

http://goo.gl/cTq3Yh

risc 24/11/13    Link Report

• My whole life long I have dreamed of checking into a beautiful mountain chalet on Christmas Eve. One of those 20′ christmas trees centers the two-story window with the most amazing mountain scenery in the background. Now that I have travelled a bit, one of the towns in the Vallee Blanche in France with a commanding view of Mont Blanc would be a dream come true. A heart and soul warming mug of vin chaud, friends, family and a crystal clear mountain sky sparkling with natures own christmas lights would be a night I would remember for the rest of my life. Bon Noel!

JoAnne Felchner 24/11/13    Link Report

• With my husband somewhere in the Nepalese Himalaya

bigcaz 24/11/13    Link Report

• My wish would be to be in Sweden, with my partner. I would visit friends in Stockholm, not seen for ten years, and then travel to Uppsala to see the Viking Burial Mounds. Of course, there would be plenty of GluhWein flowing to toast the Gods!

Luka 24/11/13    Link Report

• I’ve done many white Christmases and would like to try a warm one! Would love to be in Tahiti with my family in a hut with a glass floor. And go for a dip with the fish too! Would be very different for us but I know it would be an adventure we would all enjoy.

Peachy5910 25/11/13    Link Report

• Holed up in a little log cabin in a remote part of the Canadian wilderness. Somewhere that consumerism has not yet reached; just me, my family, fresh air and breathtaking scenery.

bex92 25/11/13    Link Report

• This Christmas I would love to return to Nepal, to do the Thorung La pass for a second time on the Annapurna circuit, the most incredible thing I’ve ever done

Ollie FitzGerald 25/11/13    Link Report

• Can you beat a cosy british cottage in a Cotswold village with a log fire, all your family and a fridge stuffed with seasonal food, mulled wine bubbling on the stove and a pub open on the big day within stumbling distance? Pure bliss. Put yourself into a food induced coma in front of the tv in a leather chair sat next to an oversized christmas tree. Then come round for cold turkey sandwiches and the funnier second half of the obligigatory game of charades.

Teamson 25/11/13    Link Report

• Anywhere with real snow and a log fire with my family!

JennySmurph 25/11/13    Link Report

• I live in the Lake District and there is no better place for a cosy Christmas, but we leave the cold in January armed with a small bag and our Rough Guide, Vietnam, Burma, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand would be an ideal choice.

chutneymum 25/11/13    Link Report

• I would like to cut the ‘ali’ out of Australia and swap Summer for Winter, a swimsuit for a ski suit and a shrimp on the barbie for goose and gluhwein.

Phe 25/11/13    Link Report

• I would be in Guatemala, hiking along the Mayan ruins and basking in the utter rawness of it. Feeling the presence of generations from a different world, seeing animals descendent of an untouched time, and taking it in with a smile and inner peace would be perfect. My mother had always wanted to go, but was sick for a number of years before passing away on Christmas day three years ago. It would be such an uplifting and spiritual journey to be there at Christmas.

rahbaba 25/11/13    Link Report

• It’d have to be overnighting in a snowhole or winter camping in the Cairngorms. Seeing as a trip to Lapland and a stay in The Ice hotel costs an arm and a leg.
    But there’s nothing like a bunch of friends camping out and communal cooking, to get the feelgood factor and camaraderie sky high.

jct59 25/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to go see how another country celebrates Christmas with their own traditions. I’d particularly love to go to Brazil and see their amazing displays or in Australia to check out a sunny Christmas day!

Elizabeth Gurney 25/11/13    Link Report

• Sipping rum and eggnog in the Galapagos Islands? Much better than chilly northern Canada!!

nicoleay 26/11/13    Link Report

• Last christmas me and my bestfriend wanted to go to her hometown in Tromsø(North in Norway) to see the aurora borealis because it was said it was going to be a lot more brighter, but of course we forgot to do it… But we promised each other that we were going next year(This year) to see her home town and the aurora borealis(which I in fact since I am norwegian – I have never seen the famous aurora borealis)

However my best friend died this summer and I was and are devastated… and now I really really want and need to see the aurora borealis for her and me!

Cathrine Nystuen 26/11/13    Link Report

• Although there’s no place like home, I’d like to be exactly where I am, in Ubud, Bali… but I would love to have my family and boyfriend out here with me!

hillary @ yogi's guide to the galaxy 26/11/13    Link Report

• Antarctica, working at the McMurdo station enjoying the camaraderie of the summer crew…

Bryan 26/11/13    Link Report

• I’d do anything to be back on the Cattle Station I worked on in Western Australia: 500,000 acre farm, 120km from the nearest town, 5 AM starts, cattle driving, fencing, no cell phone reception! Sounds like hard work (and believe me it is) but slugging away for 11 hours in 40 degree Celsius heat makes the sunrises and sunsets worth it, as do the BBQ’s and few beers under the Southern Cross on the weekends, I won’t be there for this Christmas, but I definitely will be there for Christmas 2014!

Barry Lynch 27/11/13    Link Report

• On a mountain skiing down the slopes! Eggnog and fatty food…

Zeheng Wang 27/11/13    Link Report

• Am going to be where I want to be… meeting my mum in Koh Samui, Thailand for Christmas :)

Lauren Windle 27/11/13    Link Report

• As long as I’m with people I love I could be anywhere in the world and it would be magical :-)

Scubajudge 27/11/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be diving the great barrier reef!

ndargani 27/11/13    Link Report

• Although most answers will probably be somehere exotic,this Christmas I want to spend it at home with my family in Manchester, UK, as come Januray 2014 I’ll be starting out on my round the world trip!
    I’ll be going to Central America, South America, New Zealand, Fiji, Australia & next Christmas will possibly be spent in Indonesia. I’ll be doing it on my own which is both terrifying & exciting but hope to make friends with lots of lovely travelling peeps along the way so you see, I really need lots of fabulous travelling goodies to help me on my trip of a lifetime :o)

Bear 27/11/13    Link Report

• Exploring a tropical island like Sri Lanka, spending some time on the beach and in the jungle. Tasting the foods of South Asia.

smcnair1 27/11/13    Link Report

• at home where I love to be with all the family

Iain Maciver 27/11/13    Link Report

• at home ,where I love to be with all my family at christmas

Iain Maciver 27/11/13    Link Report

• lying in the sun with my wife

mikeg666 27/11/13    Link Report

• Interlaken. Every trip I have planned to Interlaken has been cancelled, cut short, or delayed to the point where we’ve had to cut it out. It’s become something of a joke. So, Christmas in Interlaken? Hell yeah! After skiing, boating and jumping, I’d sure enjoy some of that Swiss fondue and a nice spiked hot chocolate. Merry Christmas to me.

icecreamcono 27/11/13    Link Report

• My ideal Christmas would be in the small town of Playa Blanca, in Lanzarote. Whats best about here, well having been to all of the canary islands, the weather is the most stable – being sheltered by the Island of Furventura. It can be sunny here and on the rest of the island cloudy. The town does a splendid job with its tasteful decorations – just enough to say its Christmas. There is just enough restaurants and quality shopping for the Christmas week. The walk along the seafront is always into a nice breeze and its a wonderful place for hikers too. A few nice excursions. The Hotels are wonderful and my favourite, not the most modern is the Lanzarotte Princess. Yep, thats where I would be given the choice.

Rob 27/11/13    Link Report

• There’s nowhere I’d rather be than at home with family at Christmas, to be honest :) but if I had to choose somewhere else, Belgium or somewhere else European with lovely cosy Christmas markets.

Jade Prior 27/11/13    Link Report

• There’s nowhere I’d rather be than at home with family for Christmas, to be honest! If I had to choose though, I’d say Belgium or elsewhere in Europe with lovely festive Christmas markets.

Jade Prior 27/11/13    Link Report

• I would spend it in Kauai with my family and friends hiking and soaking up the sun on the beach!

swangirl1013 27/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to be in the rainforest discovering new plants and animals and away from normality and city life!

Angie Hoggett 27/11/13    Link Report

• I would celebrate Christmas on the beach in Tonga, then nip over the international date line and celebrate Christmas on the beach in Honolulu. There’s nothing like a spot of time travel to enhance your festive fun!

doublet 27/11/13    Link Report

• I’d love to be in Santorini, Greece

markbacus81 27/11/13    Link Report

• I would like to be somewhere like Lapland that actually has snow and stay in a lovely cabin with a massive log fire and a fur rug in front of it so Christmas is like it is on the telly.

wasfield 27/11/13    Link Report

• On a beach in Costa Rica

davidfendick 27/11/13    Link Report

• love to be in Cairns, Australia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,loads to do outdoors

Pete Cleasby 27/11/13    Link Report

• I’d love to be in the Seychelles

LynneH 27/11/13    Link Report

• This Christmas I would rather take my dad on an incredible journey through Africa. My father took me on as many trips as he could afford all over the world, and instilled a passion of adventure, discovery, and curiosity in me. He also LOVES Christmas, and to see my face as I open his presents. We have never been to Africa before, so I would love to see his face as we trek through that continent on a trip planned out and financed by myself. :O)

pattyvk 27/11/13    Link Report

• I would like to be watching the Northern Lights in Finland.

LRT 27/11/13    Link Report

• No matter where I am there will always be people I will miss this winter season because they are all too far away to bring together easily. However, with that said I think I would like to be at a big pub surrounded by other somewhat lonely travelers having a lovely meal with games, alcohol, and fun conversation in a foreign non-English speaking country.

When I was living in Japan a couple years back I went to Thailand for a week in winter to escape the cold. On Christmas Day I met up with a large group of Couchsurfers at a British pub and we all brought small gifts for a white elephant gift exchange. There was turkey dinner and laughter and bonding over our shared family-less Christmas and it was one of the best Christmases I’ve ever had! No family drama, no stress, just a casual good time with no strings attached.

Spending the holidays with your family is great but also going out of your comfort zone and learning how to do things alone when you can’t change some things (like the price of a long distance plane ticket) is really valuable to me. I cherish moments like that. I’d like to spend another Christmas somewhere like that.

Kris 27/11/13    Link Report

• home.

seow 27/11/13    Link Report

• Would love to go to my hometown Zaporozhye, Ukraine – always good times with my childhood friends! Will be in Chicago instead :)

ljdmitry 27/11/13    Link Report

• Would love to be in my hometown of Zaporozhye, Ukraine – always great times with my childhood friends! Will be in Chicago instead enjoying traditional weather *sigh*

ljdmitry 27/11/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be climbing a mountain somewhere,
    Than watching rubbish tv,
    I’m not a couch potato, –
    It’s the outdoor life for me!

A warm sleeping bag and a rucksack,
    A tent and climbing gear,
    Rough Guides provide the incentive
    To go anywhere any time of the year.

Maralyn Smith 27/11/13    Link Report

• At home with the family

Claire D 27/11/13    Link Report

• I would rather be spending christmas with my family in lapland rather than been in the uk where the snow is usually very dim and the spirits not soo high

Lisa Snowwhite Prince 27/11/13    Link Report

• I’d like to be climbing a mountain somewhere
    Than watching rubbish tv.
    I’m not a couch potato,
    It’s the outdoor life for me.

A warm sleeping bag and a rucksack,
    A tent and my climbing gear,
    Rough Guides will help me find somewhere to go,
    At any time of the year.

The weather just doesn’t matter,
    I don’t care if it’s rain or snow,
    As long as Rough Guides can help me,
    Find somewhere nice to go.

Maralyn Smith 27/11/13    Link Report

• Happy to be anywhere !

Jeannie Brust 27/11/13    Link Report

• Relaxing on a hot sunny beach!

Emma Louise Thackery 27/11/13    Link Report

• relaxing on a hot beach!

Emma Louise Thackery 27/11/13    Link Report

• I don’t care as long as I’m with my family.

Duckers 27/11/13    Link Report

• The incomparably beautiful Hawai’i!

helixcon 27/11/13    Link Report

• Morzine, France with my family in a spa chalet on the piste.

Michelle Lintern 27/11/13    Link Report

• I would like to be in Cornwall with every single member of my family,even the dogs on a beach,rain or snow,not a problem

Shirley Evans 27/11/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be on Bondai Beach in Australia, simply because I’ve always been stuck back in Blighty for Christmas and it would be nice to experience one in the Summer.

Michael Scoates 28/11/13    Link Report

• London !!

Bhanik 28/11/13    Link Report

• For Christmas my wife and I would love to meet our family someplace that was snowy. We live in quite a tropical climate so it doesn’t really feel like Christmas this time of year. Maybe we could do the Swiss Alps. I feel like that would be pretty Christmasy. Or, if my wife and family and family are feeling adventurous, maybe tackle the North Pole!

Dustin 28/11/13    Link Report

• I would rather be in Cape Town with friends and (practically) family exploring the city!

Chelsea 28/11/13    Link Report

• I’d like to visit Chengdu, China over Christmas. I would love to sit in a small tea house with a warm cup of ulong tea, debating philosophy and looking out over the snow capped peaks of Sichuan.

JSTravel 28/11/13    Link Report

• As my Christmases usually boring and I’d rather spend it alone I’d rather be somewhere new. Somewhere I’ve never been before. The list is endless, really. Some place magical, like diving the great blue hole in Belize, or hiking to get lost in the beauty of the Ouzoud waterfall in Morocco. Meeting new people. Having a magical time.

Estrella Errante 28/11/13    Link Report

• In Maui basking in the sun.

Paolo 28/11/13    Link Report

• On a beach in Morocco! Oh wait a minute i`m going there on Monady

Haggismuncher 28/11/13    Link Report

• On a beach in Madagascar with a cold beer. But I’m be greedy. I spent last Xmas in Malta and the one before In Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Richard 28/11/13    Link Report

• Sitting on a Caribbean beach with a cold beer and the wife.

Ken 28/11/13    Link Report

• Watching the Northern Lights in Alaska or Iceland with my boyfriend :) Can’t imagine a better Christmas! :D

Tasha C. 28/11/13    Link Report

• In Sydney with my sister and her family, rather than a cold and windswept Yorkshire. There’s always next year…

lindsetta 28/11/13    Link Report

• I would rather be on a hot beach anywhere! Even Blackpool if I had lots of layers :)

Chris Davies 28/11/13    Link Report

• Where would I rather be this Christmas?

in !ndia………..it truly is !NCREDIBLE

CHRIS 28/11/13    Link Report

• “Where would you rather be this Christmas?”

in !ndia……………it truly is !NCREDIBLE

CHRIS 28/11/13    Link Report

• With my family in Maui zip lining thru the trees….merry Christmas

Nhmomjcd 28/11/13    Link Report

• In Maui, Hawaii zip,inning with my family… Merry Christmas!

Nhmomjcd 28/11/13    Link Report

• We are going to be in Thailand. It will get us to meet up with relations who are usually in Europe. So the best of both worlds…family and a new awesome place to visit. Also our oldest is at the age when we told him he could start flying without us to go and see his grandmother…he wants to see her, Prague, and Ireland. I love that we have grown him into a traveler.

dauber 28/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to spend Christmas ice trekking on the Perito Moreno Glacier in Los Glaciares National Park, Argentina. The Perito Moreno is one of the largest glaciers in the world! Ever since I read Bruce Chatwin’s In Patagonia, and watched the documentary 180 degrees South, I’ve been thirsting to see Patagonia for myself.

Kaitlin M 28/11/13    Link Report

• Somewhere there is snow – snow really makes a Chhristmas and it seldom happens in the UK on Christmas Day.

Macbond 28/11/13    Link Report

• Visiting relatives in Taiwan

Diana Chang 28/11/13    Link Report

• I’d love to be with my cousins in Noosa, Australia in their beach house having a barbie! I’ve never spent Christmas with them!

Isis1981uk 28/11/13    Link Report

• i’d rather be in hawaii

Kathy Cakebread 28/11/13    Link Report

• I’m actually going to lapland for christmas to visit my girlfriend who I haven’t seen since summer! In all honesty though… I’d love to be traveling to Nepal or Tibet, visiting their street bazaars and find adventures in the country’s mountains!

jkfordays 29/11/13    Link Report

• I’d like to be on the beautiful island of Madeira, staying with our friends who are lucky enough to live there, would just be nice for me and my husband to enjoy some sunshine

Patricia Edwards 29/11/13    Link Report

• every year for 12 years me and my hubby have gone away on holiday abroad at Christmas but he now has a new job and so for the last two years he has had to work. I would love it if we could both be on the beach this christmas

Lisa Waugh 29/11/13    Link Report

• Gegenbach, in the Black Forest , Germany.

Vivien Taylor 29/11/13    Link Report

• Gegenbach, Black Forest, Germany.

Vivien Taylor 29/11/13    Link Report

• In the Caribbean, laying in a hammock and watching my kids splashing in the waves.

lillyinthesun 29/11/13    Link Report

• I would love to be exploring Trømso, hopefully seeing some northern lights, doing some dog sledding and at least getting the chance to say Ive been to the North Pole (Arctic circle but close enough!) Will hopefully see Santa too!

markf1988 30/11/13    Link Report

• In Akuyeri, Iceland, enjoying the Northern Lights from one of the hot jacuzzis in the public swimming centres!

Kemmers 30/11/13    Link Report

• I would like to be in Paris — never get tired of that city.

spelarno 30/11/13    Link Report

• Making new memories: trying something new, somewhere new with newly made friends.

nat79 30/11/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be in Athens getting inspiration to help me finish writing my PhD in Ancient History.

GuruOnAMountain 01/12/13    Link Report

• I would love to spend the holidays at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

heidihiho 02/12/13    Link Report

• This Christmas I’d love to be watching the Northern Lights in Sweden, sipping a mulled wine and waiting for the snow to fall. The lights are meant to be the best in decades this year, so it would be a once in a lifetime experience!

charvicwill 02/12/13    Link Report

• tropical beach for me – preferably in the caribbean!

jive 02/12/13    Link Report

• At the Hotel Salto del Tequendama, in Columbia, with my 95 year old grandfather. It’s just the two of us now, and he hasn’t traveled anywhere in 30 years, I’d like to think I could get him to go on one last adventure. I’m a huge fan of the Ethnotek crew, and I’m glad to help get the word out for them!

Timothy Francisco 03/12/13    Link Report

• I would MUCH rather be watching fire dancers and sipping a Chang on an island in Thailand this Christmas.

Denise L 03/12/13    Link Report

• On the beach at Coronado, San Diego California – reliving my student days

morls70 03/12/13    Link Report

• I imagine myself sitting on a front porch swing, sipping hot mint tea with honey, and watching the fog drift away from a mountain range as the sun rises in the crisp early morning. It doesn’t matter what range, or the height of the peaks, or the country I’m in because I know that in the house behind me my family is just starting to wake up and together we get to enjoy the beauty around and inside of us. It’s at that moment my soul feels at peace and I experience a joy deep in my abdomen, and that my adventurous friends, is when you know are exactly where you are supposed to be – on Christmas or on the remaining 364 days of the year.

jbee 03/12/13    Link Report

• Christmas in New Mexico!…But while it would be nice to go home its always nice to see and experience other places. Wherever i wander to this year will be exactly where I am supposed to be.

Cheers!

desertfish 03/12/13    Link Report

• It would be nice to go home for Christmas in New Mexico. The culture, food and weather are always wonderful. But i am in Washington without a plan and wherever i wander to this year will be exactly where I am supposed to be.

Cheers!

desertfish 04/12/13    Link Report

• With my family, a BBQ and a beer in the back yard! yea summer Christmas

eliong 04/12/13    Link Report

• I always wanted to travel and i’ve been to many different places. And aside from spending this christmas holidays with the people i love the most. I would also love to go to the place were christmas first started…Jerusalem. Its good to relax and meditate for quite some time what christmas really was.

Clydeericjohn 04/12/13    Link Report

• I’d love to spend my Christmas in some place warm at Asia, like Thailand. But the ongoing protest keep me thinking … :(

pekdan 04/12/13    Link Report

• Exactly where i am. Christmas is about family and friends, so why would I want to be anywhere else?

Andy 05/12/13    Link Report

• exactly where i am, surrounded by family and friends.

Andy 05/12/13    Link Report

• I’d love nothing more than to spend my Christmas time volunteering with families or children who are less fortunate in central america. Teaching English, playing with the kids or simply helping with a local cause. My first choice would be Nicaragua.

Shari Tucker 06/12/13    Link Report

• Which my fiancee, in San Sebastian – the warm beach, the wine, the beer and the pinchos!

emadbuzz 07/12/13    Link Report

• My dream Christmas would be to celebrate Sinterklass in Holland before heading over to Germany for the Christmas Markets.
    This is a stark contrast to our hot, humid summer Christmas here in Qld, Australia :)

Blinky76 07/12/13    Link Report

• Would love somewhere near a warm sea. Maldives?

There’d be things to do for the people I’d like to go with,

PLUS I could relieve some permanent aches and pains by being bouyant rather than drawn by gravity.

SueLiz 07/12/13    Link Report

• I would love to be on my home town in Buenos Aires around my family

miguel 08/12/13    Link Report

• This Christmas I would rather be in Costa Rica, I went there 6 years ago and fell in love with the country, its culture and people.

becky281 09/12/13    Link Report

• I think every place on the planet is magnificent. I’d love to visit new places I’ve never even dreamed of…such as Butan. Although ive never been there, I’ve researched this is one of the most beautiful places on earth! Perhaps because of the cliffs and mountains… Perhaps the people and food…or all together. Anyways, if I could, this December I’d be there with my husband for sure!!! :)

LilVo 09/12/13    Link Report

• I’m actually lucky enough to be spending Christmas exactly where I’d rather be this year!

I visited India a few years ago and always wanted to go back – I leave a week tomorrow (Thursday). My parents lived in India in the 60s and 70s, and five years ago, almost to the day, I went to Rajasthan armed with an old passport photo of my Dad and a 40 year-old letter he’d received from his old friends. I found them and called my father on Christmas morning with his two best friends – brothers Satnarayan and Radheshyam Joshi – my father was overjoyed.

This Christmas, I’m taking my father back to Rajasthan to see his old friends, 42 years after he left.
    I can’t wait.

Scratch Video 11/12/13    Link Report

• wherever my family is….

Kim 11/12/13    Link Report

• I’m getting away from all the hype on a Greek Island, they celebrate Easter rather than Christmas and it’s going to be a lot warmer than the UK

Micki 14/12/13    Link Report

• Watching the sunrise over Africa from the summit of Kilimanjaro

Stephen Ash 14/12/13    Link Report

• New York New York New York !!!!!!! ULTIMATE

JourneysNBeyond 14/12/13    Link Report

• A snug little Hobbit hole with my best mate!

David powell 15/12/13    Link Report

• I’d be happy anywhere, so long as my close family was with me

Edite 16/12/13    Link Report

• Visiting with family in New Zealand. Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere :)

Kimberly 17/12/13    Link Report

• i would like to spend it on the Moon.Looking down at mother earth in all her glory.Watching the lights.And pondering.

Ross whamond 17/12/13    Link Report

• I would rather be in Goa. Lying in the sun and eating fresh fish for dinner at one of the local beach huts!

sarrand 17/12/13    Link Report

• I would love to be on isle of jerboa in Tunisia exploring the burber way of life

Mons 17/12/13    Link Report

• In Australia with my grandchildren – a sunny Christmas with them would be something else!

grannysmith 17/12/13    Link Report

• Sitting on a beach in Australia.

martin 17/12/13    Link Report

• It’s not so much the where as with whom but it is Christmas so a remote cabin, suitably decorated, with a roaring fire and a snow capped mountain outside would be lovely. Maybe somewhere in central America as I can see all those Inca patterns looking quite lovely at Christmas.

BellaB 17/12/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be sat on a Beach in Barbados sipping a rather large cocktail with my better half! We are somewhat lacking in the way of sun at the moment! I love a hot sunny Christmas..

livewire 17/12/13    Link Report

• In Auckland to meet Finn, my brand new baby Grandson!

Wendy 18/12/13    Link Report

• New Zealand, such a lovely place with wonderful people

lukeboy 18/12/13    Link Report

• In Iceland, sitting in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon and trying to spot a hint of Northern lights on the sky (although it is not the right season, I know….)

Doc Petra Beck 18/12/13    Link Report

• Lounging in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon in Iceland, trying to spot a hint of Northern lights in the sky (although it is not the right season, I know…)

Doc Petra Beck 18/12/13    Link Report

• Saas Fee, Switzerland. Nothing but mountains, snow, glaciers, cosy underground bars and a big Christmas tree in the square. *sigh*

Lauren Williams 18/12/13    Link Report

• I’d be very happy to be in Andalusia, where it’s often very pleasant in winter…. walking in the beautiful Alpujarras! I don’t need a commercial Christmas to make me feel good. Nature provides enough of a show on her own… every season of the year!

Brita Bevis 18/12/13    Link Report

• I would like to be anywhere that I could wear flipflops all day long (and ride my bike without being blown sideways).

Essemmgee 18/12/13    Link Report

• Sihanoukville – Cambodia, chilling out on the beach of a day, and partying of a night performing fire shows.

eddieb 19/12/13    Link Report

• Sihanoukville in Cambodia, setting off on boat trips in the day, exploring islands and of a night partying away and performing fire shows. Bliss!

eddieb 19/12/13    Link Report

• I would definitely rather by lying on a tropical beach: no cooking, no cleaning!

carowood 19/12/13    Link Report

• I’d rather be at Plitvice Lake National Park in Croatia. I’d love to walk around there on christmas morning!

Georgia 20/12/13    Link Report

• I’

Georgia 20/12/13    Link Report

• I would love to be in the Lake District. I have never visited at xmas.

EmNix 20/12/13    Link Report

• I would love to be in Lapland

elebjones 20/12/13    Link Report

• on safari in the mara

john waind 20/12/13    Link Report

• Visiting our friend in Australia and sharing a steak on the BBQ!

orchid44 20/12/13    Link Report

• Finnish lapland :)

pinka 20/12/13    Link Report

• would rather in Finnish lapland seeing the northern lights and being surrounded by snow! :)

pinka 20/12/13    Link Report

• At home with Family In the UK, having a full roast dinner, opening presents and playing silly after dinner games with the family. I have had the past few years In Australia alone for christmas and it’s just not the same.

dragondebs 20/12/13    Link Report

• I would rather be in the Lapland and a lovely little log cabin with my husband and boys having an amazing winter wonderland Christmas with a fire blazing snow falling presents under the tree all very festive

Zoe Roxby 20/12/13    Link Report

• With my Dad in Cyprus – it will be his first Xmas without my Mum who passed away in October

rickl192 21/12/13    Link Report

• I would love to be in Kenya on Safari. I have been once before and it was amazing – still saving for my next trip. The animals were fantastic and the people were all so friendly. It was the best time of my life.

humphrey 21/12/13    Link Report

• I would love to be in Kenya on Safari. I went once before and it the best holiday of my life. the animals were amazing and the people were all so welcoming and friendly. We are saving to go again.

humphrey 21/12/13    Link Report

• Home is where the heart is!

PamGregory 21/12/13    Link Report

• Sailing to New York just before Christmas on The QM2 again.

Sid Wales 21/12/13    Link Report

• I wouldn’t like to be anywhere else at Christmas other than my home and with my family.

dobie1 21/12/13    Link Report

• Well I just want to be at home in Kent………………….however I’d like to teleport over our family from Australia who we haven’t seen in 6 years!!! Best surprise for my Nana EVER!

ncoopie11 21/12/13    Link Report

• On a beach some where :)

ravenmoon3 21/12/13    Link Report