Where in the world?

Hey Guys,

I am planning my next big adventure having lived in Utah for the last 9months…as a journalist I tend to move about and experience new places all the time to inspire my writing! I would really love to head to Belgium but the other half is not so keen…he wants to go a little more extreme!

So I took a fun quiz that has sparked some interest…I should head to South Africa it tells me. Apparently my lifestyle and likes suit SA…somewhere I never thought I would go to? Have any of you lived there previously? I am looking to reside for between 4-9 months.

Also, intrigued to know where in the world you think you should be? Or where in the world this quiz tells you to be! (http://www.currencies.co.uk/what-country-should-you-live-in/)

Any feedback to help me on my way would be great!

EllieW74 20/08/14    Where to goAfricaEuropeNorth America Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

5 Replies Date Popularity

Hey Ellie – this sounds exciting! I’ve never been to South Africa but have a friend who loves it and goes back every year!

According to the quiz I should live in the UAE – suits me fine, I’m a desert dweller at heart! Good luck with your adventure, here’s a link to our South Africa page so you can start reading up on your new home ;)

http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/africa/south-africa/

Lottie Gross 21/08/14    Link Report

Thanks so much Lottie! I am excited about the prospect of moving to South Africa! It will be very different to Utah!

EllieW74 21/08/14    Link Report

• Apparently Spain for me – interesting, I haven’t travelled widely there but I love what I’ve seen!

Also, just so you know, we’ll have a new Cape Town guide out in January 2015, followed by South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland in February.

Rebecca Hallett 22/08/14    Link Report

That’s great! Cape Town is where we are looking! Thanks Rebecca!

EllieW74 27/08/14    Link Report

• Hi, I took your test, I should live in Spain (where I did live, back in 2002) :)
    about South Africa I have a close friend going often there for work, she says it is amazing and she is even planning to move over there for few years… she is willing to move to Cape Town, and I am really looking forward to visit her ;) apparently it is such an amazing town!

giulia-blocal-blog 27/08/14    Link Report

That must be a the place for you then Giulia! Great! Cape Town is where we are potentially heading :)

EllieW74 27/08/14    Link Report

• South Africa is amazing! You can have a great time there.
    Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Safaris, Limpopo, Botanical Gardens and much more.
    5-6 months will be a good time period to take an overview of SA.
    LetsFlyCheaper Bae!

andrew 07/10/14    Link Report

• Your plan is very exciting and your job can lead you to different places. It’s nice that you appreciate the beauty of South Africa. I suggest you try Asian countries too like Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, Philippines and Malaysia. Living on one of these countries and seeing various attractions that they have will surely inspire you more on your writings.

rosanyl 25/11/14    Link Report