What type of Backpacker are you?

http://bemusedbackpacker.com/2013/05/09/what-type-of-backpacker-are-you/

Okay, tongue is firmly in cheek here guys but I’m sure on your travels you’ve met one or two of these types of backpacker? Maybe you recognise yourself in there? Or are there any stereotypes I’ve missed out?

Michael Huxley 17/06/13    Gap year Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

8 Replies Date Popularity

Oh my, respect for someone that names their kid Huckleberry? I can think of other words. Or more likely, Huckleberry will have a few of his (her?) own ;)

PirateAt50 17/06/13    Link Report

• haha, cant argue with that! But hes a nice bloke so il let it slide! Did i miss any of the stereotypes off the list? What do you think? Wish there was more movement on these b.oards sometimes

Michael Huxley 17/06/13    Link Report

• So what type of backpacker or traveller are you all? Are you a brand new gap yearer? A flashpacker? Maybe a sub group Ive missed off the list? Let me know what you think …

Michael Huxley 20/06/13    Link Report

• HAHAHA @ “the stamp collector”.

I have personally never understood how one could “do” a country, like it was some hurdle or obstacle to pass?

Hey what about the “know it all” backpacker who takes it upon himself to educate all those around him of the history, religion and general practices of the culture he finds himself in? I have personally met a fair few. I find myself instinctively getting as far away from them as possible as soon as they have been identified as a know it all..

What do you guys think?

Sean G. Lyndel 26/06/13    Link Report

• I’ve always hated that phrase myself Sean! Haha! You can’t just ‘do’ a place then go off to the next one! Stupid phrase.

Hmm, I know exactly what you mean! I’ve met a few of those people myself, kind of lumped them in with the ‘bragpackers’. Doesn’t matter where you have gone or what you have done, they of course have seen more, done more and know better. But I take your point, the know it all’s may need to get added to the list as a separate sub group!

What does everyone else think? Have you met any more?

Michael Huxley 26/06/13    Link Report

• Hahaha Michael.

I am just at the airport waiting for my flight to Taipei. I will keep a real good lookout for any of those traveler types mentioned in your post…

Will keep you posted!

Sean.

Sean G. Lyndel 03/07/13    Link Report

• Thanks Janet, I’m really glad you enjoyed it!

I’m looking forward to the updates Sean, enjoy your trip!

So, has anyone else seen one or more of these backpacker types? Maybe you have sen a few I’ve left off the list? Let me know?

Michael Huxley 28/07/13    Link Report

• Hows the backpacker safari hunt going Sean? Seen any new species yet?

Michael Huxley 09/08/13    Link Report