Travelling as a solo,but a 65 year old, woman in Iran

I’ve looked through the threads but may have missed a comment on Iran. How easy and safe would it be for me to spend 3 weeks in Iran next year? Has anyone of my age and gender done this recently? I guess a lot will depend on what’s happening in Iraq but any comments from experienced travellers would be appreciated.

Helen 06/07/14    General travel chatAsia Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

2 Replies Date Popularity

Hi

I think you need to watch travel writer Lois Pryce’s video for some inspiration:

She has definitely put Iran on my wishlist!

roseoftheworld2 15/07/14    Link Report

• I will be 78 years old next October and I am planning to spend 2 weeks in Iran at this time.
    ¿Would you like to join me?
    For my 75 anniversary I went trekking solo in the Himalayas, to Nanda Devi Sanctuary.

Francisco Po Egea

Francisco 17/09/14    Link Report

I mean I am in a good shape and very used to travel thru Asia and to remote places

Francisco 17/09/14    Link Report

Thank you for replying Francisco. I have had to change my plans and am now going to Iran in March. Thank you for thinking of me.

Helen 18/09/14    Link Report

I went back from Iran a couple of weeks ago. Tehran – Qom – Kashan – Yazd – Shiraz and excursions. ¡Fantastic country! Magnificent monuments but the best are the people. Very kind, nice, curious mainly the young women. They smile all the time and like to talk to foreigners, Very safe country also. You will love it as I did. The only problem, some times is difficult to get a hotel. October is tourist season as April and May. Tourism groups are booming. Also no credit cards nor ATM’s, so you have to take all the cash with you. Regards. Francisco

Francisco 22/11/14    Link Report