Thailand Travelling

Hello, I am heading on my first trip to Thailand in September. I am spending one week volunteering at the WFFT elephant refuge in Tha Yang before having an explore for 4 days (sadly this is all my budget would allow!)

I was looking at going to the coast for 2 days, either Cha Am or Hua Hin- is there one that people would recommend?

And then I really wanted to travel to Kaeng Krachan National park and stay in the boathouse resort. However, I don’t want to rent a car. Does anyone have any advice on any transport to the national park? Or any idea a rough price of a taxi?

If you know of any taxi firms or places I can pre book it would be so much appreciated as I have set my heart on the park!

Thank you

nickyhalse 11/05/14    Budget travelThailand Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

1 Reply Date Popularity

Hi there, not sure where exactly sure where you are going in Tha Yang, so can’t say whether there is transport, but usually there are mini vans for around 180-250 baht for 3 hours. I lived in Hua Hin for 3 months teaching kite boarding, only saw cham am for a day, but not sure what the draw for people to visit that area is. I was teaching kiteboarding, and that was the only thing I would go back for. Maybe some friends to I guess. Prak Nam Pran was much more laid back and less tourist which is what I was looking for. Check out Sam Roi Yot park and cave. Its beautiful and you can camp there for a day. In September there should be wind so it wouldn’t be too hot. You are pretty close to Burma too, try to sneak in there if possible.

buffmasterbran 14/05/14    Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....