Thailand Phuket & Andaman coast in 2 weeks

Hey Guys, me and my partner are looking at flying to Phuket and Island hopping on the Andaman coast in mid November for 2 weeks. I was just wondering if any of you guys have done this trip before and any recommendations on what to see/do etc?

samlou 06/05/14    Where to goThailand Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

1 Reply Date Popularity

Yes I’ve stayed in Thailand plenty and there are loads of tips on what to see and do here http://bemusedbackpacker.com/destination-guide/asia/south-east-asia/thailand/ but in two weeks frankly you are going to be very limited in what to see/do. My advice is stay on one or two islands, MAYBE another one at a push but I wouldn’t go beyond that, you will be trying to fit too much in.

There are still plenty of things to do on the Andaman coast in 2 weeks though, PADI cert, diving, snorkelling, beach time, massages, the bewildering nightlife at Patong (maybe not for families), the big Buddha … the list really is very long. If you let me know some of your likes/dislikes I can narrow it down a bit for you?

Michael Huxley 09/05/14    Link Report

I’m thinking of doing something very similar but traveling solo (14 – 28th of November 2014) … I’m thinking of flying to phuket or krabi directly form bangkok and then explore the islands from there… I’m not looking for total isolation as i’ll be travelling alone, but would hate “the bewildering night life at Patong”.. Looking for a relaxed atmosphere with nice restaurants chilled beach bars with a bit of life. Somewhere i could go out on day trips to snorkelling spots and perhaps try my hand at scuba. Meet some chilled like minded travelers…. Ideally want to stay somewhere right on the beach, £20-50/night is this a completely unreasonable idea? What beach / area in Koh lanta and Koh Lipe would you suggest?

Esmé Taljaard 08/11/14    Link Report