Suggestions for a woman traveling alone in January-February?

I’d like to travel someplace warm and sunny (but not resort-y) to escape the Chicago winter for a week or so. Does anyone have any experiences/tips/recommendations to share?
Thanks!

nicebvesq 31/07/13    Women travellersChileCosta RicaEl SalvadorGuatemalaNicaragua Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

4 Replies Date Popularity

Your criteria is warm and sunny???

Thailand, Singapore, Egypt, Jordan, Iran, Peru, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Brazil…

Been to all these places and many more, would recommend all of them. Maybe you’d like to narrow your criteria or give us an idea of your tastes/likes/wants etc and I could be a little more specific with ideas?

Or you could have a look here for some inspiration http://bemusedbackpacker.com/

If you are worried about SFB (solo female backpacker) safety, then don’t be. Have a look here http://bemusedbackpacker.com/travel-tips/travel-safety/solo-female-backpacker/ to get some basic hints and tips for keeping yourself safe, but really it is mostly just common sense and reasonable safety precautions that will keep you safe and sound.

Michael Huxley 01/08/13    Link Report

• I would advise and recommend any countries in East Africa like Uganda, Rwanda. Anyone who has been to any of these countries will tell you that they are the best places to be in.

Uganda Tours 01/08/13    Link Report

• I travelled alone in a few South American countries and loved it.

Not too sure how expensive flights are from the USA but, I can wholly recommend Guatemala (esp. Antigua) and Ecuador (esp. if you are prepared to travel to Manta). Also loved Cartagena but, I did find the beach-hassle a bit of a pain.

Raquel P. 30/11/13    Link Report

• Echooooooooooooooo….

Michael Huxley 12/12/13    Link Report