South Africa Cape Town to Port Elizabeth

Hi there,

I’ve been planning a trip with my boyfriend for May this year, I’m pretty much ready to book things but wanted to get a second/third opinion on our plans/itinerary.

So here is it tell me what you think, what you might change.

My boyfriend surfs and will be looking for every opportunity to go surfing, I love the outdoors and water sports, walking,hiking, canoeing, kayaking.. all of that sort of thing. we are planning on hiring a car. Or still toying with the idea of getting the baz bus as a cheaper option.. but assuming we will have hired a car this is what we might do.

Mon 6/5: Arrive in Cape town. Stay at Sunflower backpackers in green point for 5 nights.

Cape Peninsular, Table mountain, Bo kaap, Wine tour, township tour, V A Waterfront.

Sat 11/5 drive to Oudtshoorn 1 night don’t know where. Swartsberg pass maybe mountain bike..?

Sun 12/5 Mossel Bay 1 night backpackers.

Mon 13/5 Victoria Bay Surfari Back packers 2 nights

Wed 15/5 Wilderness Nat park 2 nights. Giant Kingfisher trail,

Fri 17/5 Stop in Knysna to drive to or canoe thru the heads see the big tree.

Drive on to Natures Valley rest camp 2 nights. or hikers haven..

Sun 19/5 Storms river mouth rest camp 3 nights, Boulkrans Bungee, walking, canope ropes tour, black water tubing.

Wed 22/5 Jeffereys Bay 6 nights, Beach music or a backpackers. Surfing, Horse riding, Addo Elephant park, sand boarding? relaxing.

Tue 28/5 Port elizabeth airport dep 12:30pm.

I’d really appreciate any comments or idea’s thanks :)

Joanna

Joandsam 24/02/13    General travel chatSouth Africa Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

1 Reply Date Popularity

Hi Joanna,

Looks good, though I’d add a visit to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was interned, to your Cape Town itinerary. I’d also recommend hiking up Table Mountain from the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (sanbi.org/gardens/kirstenbosch), which are¬†worth a visit in themselves if you have the time, and then taking the cable car back down from the summit.

Storms River Mouth is a great place to stay, with cabins set right on the shore and good hiking in the vicinity. Something else you might like to work into your itinerary, either from here or from Nature’s Valley Restcamp, which is closer, is sea kayaking in Plettenberg Bay.

Have a great trip!

Keith Drew 28/02/13    Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....