Reliable trekking company for Inca trail needed!

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reliable trekking company to guide us round the Inca Trail in 4 days? I am bewildered by the choice and differences in price. And also, we are hoping to go in June, have we left it to late to book?

Thanks

Helen

Helen Cooper 13/02/13    Activity and adventurePeru Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

2 Replies Date Popularity

Hi Helen,

I’m afraid you have left it quite late if you’re planning a trip in June as you generally need to book at least six months in advance – nine months is preferable – and June is the start of high season. But even if you don’t manage to get on an Inca Trail tour, there are some excellent alternative trails in the area – to Choquequirao, around Salcantay and from Ollantaytambo to Lares – which are much less developed but also boast impressive Inca Inca ruins and stunning views. I recommend getting in touch with a few trekking companies to check exactly what’s included in the package and to make sure your guide speaks English. Our Rough Guide to Peru author has reviewed a number of well-established and reputable operators and agents in our latest guide on pp.223–225…

Mani Ramaswamy 15/02/13    Link Report

• Hi, I think my answer is a bit late for Helen, but if anybody else needs an advice, I have got a good experience with Tierras Vivas.
    As Mani said above, it is necessary to book the Inca Trail several weeks in advance. 6 months before if you want to trek it in high season (late May to September) and 2-3 months outside the high season.

Camakoko 27/09/13    Link Report