Prague SIM card questions

Hello,
* Is there an advantage to buying SIM cards for my phones at the airport, vs. in Prague center (or vice versa)?
* What is a good place to buy SIM cards in Prague center?
* Upon arrival in Prague, I would like to buy a micro SIM card for one phone and a mini SIM card for another phone. Do those options both exist?

Thanks!

yaronshr 02/07/14    Czech Republic Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

2 Replies Date Popularity

Hi,
Last time I could NOT locate a place at the Prague Airport PRG to buy SIM card and Internet at the airport was Free only for a limited time (I think that it was 30 minutes)
I purchased SIM in the store in the town. Regular SIM and as well micro are available.

NOTE: Your Czech Republic SIM Card will require a SIM-unlocked GSM 900 compatible international cell phone.

Important Phone Numbers

158 – Police
155 – Ambulance
150 – Fire Department
112 – European Emergency Central Number
156 – City Police
1180 – Information about telephone numbers in the Czech Republic
1181 – Information about telephone numbers abroad

12 444 – Prague Information Service
A telephone help line operated in Czech, English and German. Tourist information, cultural events, public transport, phone numbers and addresses of companies, stores and services, etc. Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., local calling rates.

1acme 08/08/14    Link Report

• Thank you. Seems like there’s a Vodafone store at the airport. But, based on information I gleaned on the Internet, I wanted to go with T-mobile – reasonable rates for voice/data, and credit is valid for a month. So I went to the T-Mobile store on Národní třída; I think there are Vodafone and O2 stores near it as well. 5 min walk from Old Town Square, 10min walk from where I was staying (My House Apartments, across the street from the Altneuschul – highly recommended). I think there are also supposed to be stores at the Palladium shopping center (I didn’t go there).

yaronshr 08/08/14    Link Report