Looking for quaint places to visit in the Mediterranean coast.

Hello,

I want to travel the mediterranean coast, starting in Spain, but all the search results I get are for big cities and turisty places. I wanna visit more of the regular towns and not-very-known places. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks,
Sofia

Sofia 08/09/13    Where to goFranceGreeceItalyMoroccoSpain Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

3 Replies Date Popularity

Hey Sofia,

Whenever I go away I use this website to book my accommodation – http://www.airbnb.com

Its a really great way to stay in quieter locations away from the hot tourist spots. People list their spare rooms as bed and breakfast style options and also means they can tell you where to go around the local area. My airbnb experiences have always been fantastic; clean and safe accommodation with really lovely hosts, and its a lot cheaper than staying in a hotel!

Also, Rough Guides recently did an article about alternative destinations in Morocco rather than the usual places e.g. Marrakesh etc…

http://www.roughguides.com/article/alternative-morocco/

Hope that helps, good luck!

Katy

Katy de Beer 09/09/13    Link Report

Thanks Katy that’s exactly what I was looking for! :)

Sofia 30/09/13    Link Report

• Taste of Adriatic 12/09/13    Link Report

• Something else to think about. My favorite Mediterranean experiece has been in Antalya, Turkey. There are some lovely resorts a bit out of town that are stunning. I didn’t expect it, but I loved every minute. It’s defitely worth looking into. :)

I personally have the Amalfi coast of Italy on my list, I hear it’s a beautiful spot as well.

Best of luck

Laura Pucik 24/09/13    Link Report

I’ll add these to the list. Thanks Laura.

Sofia 30/09/13    Link Report