help organizing a tour of Malaysia

I will be in Malaysia for two weeks. I have already booked 3 days at a lodge in Kuala Lumpur and two days in Malacca. Where should I go next? Should I take a flight to Penang and work my way down again? I’m confused. Help. :)

kitsou 10/02/13    Getting aroundMalaysia Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

4 Replies Date Popularity

What time of year will you be in Malaysia? If it’s outside of the east coast’s monsoon season (November to February), I’d suggest staying down south for a bit rather than trekking back up to Penang (though I’m a big fan of Georgetown, not least for its fabulous food!). From Melaka, you can easily get across to Taman Negara National Park, or to Tioman island if you’re looking for some beach time or diving. Alternatively, you could head to Jerantut (which is the gateway to Taman Negara) to pick up the Jungle Railway, which is a pretty fabulous (if slow) way to travel through peninsula Malaysia’s interior. This will take you up to near Kota Bharu (which is interesting in its own right, not least for the food…), from which you can get to the beautiful Perhentian Islands.

Emma Gibbs 12/02/13    Link Report

• It depends on your interests really. After mallacca you could head up to Taman Negara if you fancy doing some nice light jungle trekking, or you could hop over to Singapore (one of my favourite cities) or even head to Tioman island which is closer than the islands in the north if you fancy a bit of relaxing on the beach?

Michael Huxley 27/03/13    Link Report

• I left Malaysia in September, this is my itinerary for 2 weeks.

2 days in Kuala Lumpur
    2 days in Cameron Highlands
    5 days on the beach of Coral Bay Islands Perenthians
    2 days in Malacca
    1 day Kuala Lumpur

I used minivan or bus to get around. September is a good season because there are very few tourists and it’s not the rainy season on east coast.

lucie loi 28/03/13    Link Report

• You are going to Malaysia for two weeks, that is awesome. You said you are going to stay in Kuala Lumpur and perhaps visit Penang? You should definitely visit our Malaysia Travel Guide. It focus on local food, things to do, and places to shop in the cities of Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu and Penang. I hope the information will be helpful in organising your trip.

http://eatplayshop.my/

eatplayshopmy 04/07/13    Link Report