Favourite Scandinavian city

I’ve never been to Scandinavia before and am planning to go for a weekend this autumn. I’d love to explore the remote countryside on another trip, but as time is short for this, I think a city visit would be best. So – what’s your favourite Scandinavian city, and why is is it so special? I’ll be going with my mum, so I doubt the clubbing scene will be a big draw…

Ta!

Helen Abramson 27/06/13    Where to goFinlandNorwaySweden Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

2 Replies Date Popularity

I’d say Stockholm for looks and Copenhagen for personality. Stockholm’s stunning waterside setting, and pretty cobbled old town are particularly “Mum friendly”. The Moderna Museet is one of Europe’s great modern art galleries and a trip to the archipelago on a sunny day is unbeatable. Copenhagen isn’t as pretty (esp under a grey autumnal sky!) but felt somehow friendlier to me. It’s now well on the foodie map thanks to its 15 Michelin stars but also great for informal brunching and boozing, and maybe spotting all the things you saw on Borgen or, er, The Killing.

Andy Turner 27/06/13    Link Report

• Thanks for the tips Andy… I will obviously have to do both at some point, but I’m leaning towards beauty over personality for this trip.

Helen Abramson 28/06/13    Link Report