Country tags - Where is Ireland?

On the right hand side where it says “Popular countries” I clicked on ‘See all Country tags’ and under “I” there is Iceland, India, Indonesia and Italy. But no Ireland. Is this because no-one has yet asked a question about Ireland or is there another reason? I was looking for information but unfortunately there isn’t any.

Captain Courageous 18/05/13    General travel chatIreland Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

6 Replies Date Popularity

From what I can gather from another thread this is because no one has yet added a question about it. They use a system where the country tags grow as people add to them. Plenty of us have made suggestions that perhaps they should have a fixed list of all countries/regions and allow people to add questions to those categories as and when. To be fair there may be plenty of places without questions for now (especially until they get plenty of new posters) but surely that is a better system?

Michael Huxley 18/05/13    Link Report

• Thanks Michael for clearing that up. I did wonder if that may have been the case. Do you know how long this forum has been running? If it’s fairly new, that might explain it. It took me a while to find out the “community” page. Although the lines and pages are cleaner (than some other travel forums, no names mentioned) it isn’t all that easy to find where things go or where to look.

Captain Courageous 20/05/13    Link Report

• Its only been up in this form since about January I think. I prefer the overall style to a certain other broken forum myself but i do think they need to fix the categories section. Look for the what do you think of the community section thread, people have made suggestions on there and apparently there are going to be changes made soon but nothing seems to have happened yet.

Michael Huxley 20/05/13    Link Report

• Hi both,

Thanks for your feedback. The countries are created as users ask a question and input the country as a tag. So this thread itself has created an Ireland tag. The community is only a couple of months old, so this must be the first question related to Ireland.

Michael we’ve tidied up (and are monitoring) the countries tags so I hope this works better now…

Tim Chester 20/05/13    Link Report

• Good to hear tim, thanks.

Michael Huxley 20/05/13    Link Report

• Ah well now, that is good news it is. Thank you Tim.

Captain Courageous 20/05/13    Link Report