Church service at St. Paul's - London

I’ve always wanted to go to a church service at one of those enormous, old churches while on vacation. I’ve never had time to go until now. While it wasn’t as well known as La Segrada Familia or Notre Dame, I was very impressed by the service. It was definitely geared towards visitors and even though I’m not Catholic I never felt out of place. They even had a note in the pamphlet that they are open to people of all faiths and people of little or no faith. The sermon was on Separation and dealing with being away from home and loved ones (perfect for tourists). I was just wondering if most famous churches that get lots of visitors are just that open and step-by-step with everything they do or if I found an exception. It seems like it’d be difficult to find “community” in a church that was mainly visitors but it’s also a good opportunity to experience new things and see a local’s way of life while on vacation.

-Also, note to my family that was following my blog on here. It was moved to heathereurope.wordpress.com

Heather Brooks 19/05/14    CultureEngland Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

1 Reply Date Popularity

Great blog Heather! Enjoy your time in London :)

Lottie Gross 20/05/14    Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....