Chur in one day - guided tour?

Just looking for some advice. As I have one day in Chur, is it worth doing the guided city walking tour (old town / historical sights) or would my time be better spent walking around by myself? Tour is held on Wednesdays at 2.30 to 4.30. According to their webpage, it’s in German (which I don’t speak.) I also want to take the cable car. I read somewhere you can do an audio walking tour – you hire the headphones/equipment from the tourist office, map included, but the map wasn’t very accurate and it takes about 3 hours.

Any tips on places to eat – traditional Swiss food, not too pricey and with a friendly atmosphere. Where to buy chocolate? Souvenirs – are there things pertaining to Chur, handcrafts maybe? Local wines?

Captain Courageous 19/03/14    CultureSwitzerland Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

3 Replies Date Popularity

I did an excellent tour of Chur recently. Let me see if I can find the contact details and I’ll get back to you. In the meantime, it’s not food or chocolate but Tom’s Beer Box was very friendly and good for getting chatting to locals (for food and chocolate recommendations, maybe).

Neil McQuillian 28/03/14    Link Report

• Thanks Neil, I’m thinking of waiting until I get there rather than be locked into a 2 hour time slot. Does Tom’s Beer Box have drinks other than beer on the menu? I’ve never liked beer but do like a nice wine or port and cider.

Captain Courageous 03/04/14    Link Report