Best stag do cities/ideas

I need to organise a stag do for sometime in November/December and am looking for ideas. Can anyone suggest any good cities for a weekend break? Ideally the weekend would include watching a sporting event. Any help would be amazing. Thanks!

alexrawes 01/09/13    Where to goEurope Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

5 Replies Date Popularity

Weekend break, that means you want something crazy activities. Why not you choose London! The nightlife is simply awesome, definitely you will get lots of fun once joined in nightlife program with your friends.

tbeds 02/09/13    Link Report

• For something slightly off the stag-do radar (your bog-standard Prague/Dublin/Munich lost weekend) I’d suggest Madrid. Madrileños are hardcore night owls and there is a massive range of clubs open till dawn, plus hundreds of tapas bars to soak up the booze. It’s not exactly balmy in November/December but you will probably get lucky with clear blue skies. There’s also a football team you might have heard of (or two if you count Atlético Madrid) – imagine watching Gareth Bale tearing down the wing at the Bernabéu (or warming the bench for Ronaldo). Vamos!

Andy Turner 02/09/13    Link Report

• Thank you both for your replies! Both the groom and myself live in London so was thinking of going further afield. Madrid is definitely tempting and a trip to the Bernabeu would be amazing! The dream would be El Clasico but imagine it’s impossible to get tickets (and the next one is in Barcelona)? Would welcome more suggestions of destinations or info from anyone who’s been to a game at the Bernabeu/Nou Camp!

alexrawes 03/09/13    Link Report

• My suggestions:
    Berlin
    Lisbon
    Barcelona
    All fabulous cities!
    I’ve also heard that Zagreb is rather good – cheaper drinking prices than in London!

Good luck and have fun!

Clare McCausland Laming 04/09/13    Link Report

• Thanks Clare! I’ve been to Berlin and absolutely loved it so might add that to the shortlist! Don’t know much about Zagreb so may have a look into that too.

alexrawes 08/09/13    Link Report