backpacking.

hi im looking for a group to go backpacking with,hopefully friendly and adventurous types. is there any group out there who has any plan on backpacking in the Philippines soon?

Paul Romero 12/08/13    Activity and adventurePhilippines Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

5 Replies Date Popularity

Why are you looking for a group? What do you plan to get out of it? Have you ever considered solo travel?

http://bemusedbackpacker.com/2013/08/12/why-solo-travel-is-awesome/

Michael Huxley 12/08/13    Link Report

ive been doing some solo travel for a while and im quite bored. im looking for something new.

Paul Romero 15/08/13    Link Report

• Hi Paul,

When I went travelling in SE Asia a few years ago there were so many other backpackers it was almost impossible not to travel in a group! I flew out to meet friends that were already out there and we immediately met other people in hostels and on excursions we took, so we all ended up travelling together as one big group in the end. So I’m sure if you flew out alone you’d probably find some fellow, like-minded travellers to go along with :)

Good luck and happy travels!

Lottie Gross 12/08/13    Link Report

ive been through that Lottie, what im looking for now is a stable group who i can travel around with. going backpacking solo isnt always that good. there are some really boring times. =)

Paul Romero 15/08/13    Link Report

• That’s very true Lottie, I LOVE travelling solo, but meting other backpackers along the way is a huge part of the enjoyment of that. Sometimes it’s just a conversation on a long overnight coach journey, sometimes you end up spending days together before parting ways again.

Michael Huxley 12/08/13    Link Report

• Paul, might have been helpful if we had that info upfront. In that case why not just do the usual thing? Chat to travellers in hostels and team up for a bit? Join a tour or a trek for a few days and meet a group that way?

Michael Huxley 15/08/13    Link Report

well im leaving for a trip on the end of the month, ill try doing that. thanks for the advice. hopefully i find a good group to have fun with.

Paul Romero 16/08/13    Link Report

Good luck Paul. Hope you find some great travel companions!

Lottie Gross 21/08/13    Link Report

thanks lottie. i hope so too.

Paul Romero 21/08/13    Link Report

• If you’re going to the Philippines, I suggest to scratch out the Visayas area (mostly Tacloban, Leyte, Samar, Cebu, Palawan, Ilo-ilo and I guess Caticlan [some parts of Boracay] too ) as the super typhoon Haiyan has destruct those places in a terrible, terrible way and its really devastating and heart breaking to see a lot of people suffering each day.

I can recommend for you to go somewhere on the northern part of the Philippines like Ilocos (Vigan), Baguio, Bataan, Aurora, Subic. Manila is a great place to visit too! I guess if you would still like to go to Visayas, I can say that it’s safe to go in Camarines Sur specifically in Caramoan Islands (that’s where the Survivor Series took place) and fortunately, Caramoan wasn’t destructed by the recent super typhoon. I can also recommend for you to travel to Davao (don’t get me wrong here, Davao is in Mindanao, but it’s one of the safest places to go here in the Philippines).

travelchick 16/11/13    Link Report