48 hours in Copenhagen

I’m off to Copenhagen in two weeks. What should I try to cram into my rather limited time there?

Eleanor Aldridge 08/01/13    City tipsDenmark Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

5 Replies Date Popularity

One of the nicest things to do in Copenhagen is to snuggle up in a cosy bar with a gløgg (mulled wine). It’s very chilly out there at the moment (I went with friends in December) and the most we did outside was to walk to see the Little Mermaid statue, and the Changing of the Guard at noon at Amalienborg Castle! But you could brave hiring a bike and pootle around. Also, a popular place for locals (and tourists) to visit is the Tivoli Gardens – markets, rides and rollercoasters, restaurants and bars etc – it’s really fun.

A recommended spot to eat, avoiding the tourists, is the Meatpacking District (still functioning as such!) – there are a fair few trendy, laidback restaurants/bars there. Have fun!

Lucy Kane 10/01/13    Link Report

• Yes, the Meatpacking District in Vesterbro is great for food. So too are the newish Torverhallerne market halls which collect a lot of the city’s best foodie stalls under one (or two) roofs. Norrebro’s another area with lots of good places to eat and drink.

Copenhagen will be bracing in January (and Tivoli will unfortunately be shut) but Christianshavn, probably the prettiest area, will still be worth a wander – and you can go and have a gawp at Freetown Christiania while you’re there.

Edward Aves 10/01/13    Link Report

• Wonderful. That gives me a good few ideas to fill my two days – thanks!

Eleanor Aldridge 14/01/13    Link Report

• It’s been a few years since I was in Copenhagen, but I loved visiting the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art (as much for the half-hour train ride out there as for the place itself).

Neil McQuillian 24/01/13    Link Report

• Tim Chester 28/01/13    Link Report