12 day trip to Nepal

Hi,

We are a group of 6 planning for a 12-13 days trip to Nepal in the 2nd week of February. Is Feb the right time to visit Nepal.
We would like to do sight seeing in Kathmandu, Bhaktaput, Pokhara, trek and do white water rafting.
Could you please suggest a itinerary for a budget trip?

Rajeev 28/08/13    Budget travelNepal Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

7 Replies Date Popularity

Feb is spring time in Nepal and makes up the second tourist season. There is lots of wildlife and flowers around (inc beautiful rhododendrons). Only downside is that it can be a bit hazy in the mountains compared with the Sept-Nov peak season. Twelve days is pretty tight to do any proper trekking (the trek to Annapurna Base Camp takes two weeks). But there are a number of five to seven-day treks running from Pokhara. For example:

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/nepal/walking-annapurna-51854

I’d advise 2-3 days in Kathmandu, transfer to Pokhara (1 day), 5-day valley trek + 1-day whitewater rafting, couple of days chilling by Pokhara lake then back to Kathmandu/Bhaktapur

read more here:

http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/asia/nepal/

Andy Turner 28/08/13    Link Report

Thanks for the information Andy

Rajeev 28/08/13    Link Report

• Make sure you do some paragliding in Pokhara! It’s the best way to see the lake :D

Lottie Gross 29/08/13    Link Report

• It’s best not to stay in Kathmandu proper. It’s at the lowest point in the valley and the pollution just hangs. Since you want to do trekking you’d be better off staying in Bhaktapur. Then you can visit Changu Narayan, Nagarkot, Dhulikel and Namabuddha either by hiking or taking a local bus for part of the way. You will love being here in February. Check out my blog for some interesting insights into Nepal, things to do, etc. FrugalTravelsNepal.blogspot.com

FrugalTravelsNepal 02/10/13    Link Report

• If you visit around kathmandu in the last of holiday you will have enough time for trekking or other adventure activities.
    there are so many treks from pokhara you can do for short period its depend how fit are you for trekking.
    For eg.
    Annapurna base camp trek 6-8 days
    ghorepani poon hill trek 3-5 days
    mardi himal trek 4-7 days
    panchase trek 2-4 days
    royal trek 2-5 days
    if you need more info feel free to message me

kumar 25/11/13    Link Report

• Welcome to Nepal

February is also perfect time to visit Nepal whether you would like to do trekking, wildlife safari, city tours, pilgrimage tours or other kind of activities, but 12 days may not be enough if you choose to do a proper trekking routes. But if you are lack on time for Nepal, you might have option for a week trekking as well which depends the trekking destination you choose.

If you need more question please feel free to ask us, we will be happy to share with you at any time.
    for more info please visit this sites.

Anu Treks 05/12/13    Link Report

Hi there, I am the Community moderator here at Rough Guides. I’m afraid I have had to remove the links from your answer as they contravened our Community guidelines. Please ensure you read them and comply: http://bit.ly/18EwoQv

Many thanks,
    Lottie

Lottie Gross 05/12/13    Link Report

Thank you Lottie Gross !

Anu Treks 05/12/13    Link Report

• I did white water rafting in Nepal with Hardcore Nepal (http://hardcorenepal.com), and they were awesome. And for self treks they will help you book your permits and extras, then get you started. I wanted to mention them because they were so amazingly helpful. I would book anything with Hardcore, I also liked Himalayan Extasy.

adventurenut 21/03/14    Link Report

• Hi – Im in a similar situation and looking to travel to Nepal for 14 days September, but am unsure of where to start with trekking expeditions. Is it best to arrive and book then? Or to do an organized trip in advance? Thank you!

tanialaryssa 07/08/14    Link Report